Monday, January 11, 2010

Wow, It's been awhile...

Hi everyone, it seems I have been doing a terrible job at staying in touch with you all, I can blame the holidays, but only so far back. The summer and Fall were very busy for me, I had a very successful "Super Amazing Art Show" with four other wildly talented artists, Cindy Coleman, Amy Felker, Miki Harder and Heather Leavitt. After that, Sam and I were involved in Durango Open Studios, which occurred at the end of September. We opened up our studio to the masses, talked about the process, the motivation, inspiration, etc., and of course, showed the work. A very successful event as well. The following day, headed off to the east coast for a couple weeks, and then... well, those crazy holidays began.
So there's where I've been, but in all my hustle and bustle, I've managed to put out a few paintings.

Most recently, however, I've quit the part-time job I've had for the past four years, and am giving the full-time artist thing a go. Mostly, I needed to dedicate myself completely to the new series I'm working on, highlighting the beautiful ladies of this beautiful town I live in.
So, here's to me, and here's my art:




Let's cut right to the chase here, this is Cindy. She was kind enough to do some modeling for me, and here is the first completed painting of her. She will be part of my upcoming show, The Women of Durango. This piece is 18"x24" oil on panel.






My painting, How Now? was juried into the La Plata Open Space Conservancy's annual art auction, to be held on January 28th in Durango. the painting is 36"x48", oil on canvas.




Here she is again, her name is Clementine, and we found her in Tennessee. This piece is about 24"x18", and is for sale through Oohs & Aahs, Durango.






Here is a lovely little pop-art style floral piece. Available through Studio 55 at Wildflower, Durango. It is about 13"x9"





Here is a collection of miniatures that I did while I had the flu. They are assorted sizes, none bigger than 3"x7" (I put the Sharpie and the quarter in there for reference), all oil, beautifully framed, and all selling at Durango Bagel for $85 each. Collect all seven! (please email me for close-ups of any of these.)

1 comment:

Chris said...

I love how you stuck coins and a marker on the wall for size comparison! The paintings are beautiful! You rock socks baby!